Brighton-Best International, Inc., a California corporation, (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.brightonbest.com (our“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• In person or by telephone.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, credit card number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies (or browser cookies)
• Flash Cookies
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons
Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To process your order, whether placed online or direct through a BBI branch. It will also allow us to provide follow up, customer service, and inventory management pertaining to your account.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify Website users of any changes, of new product additions, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose.
• To aggregate statistical information, enhance system administration or to improve the content of the Site. See Cookies section for further detail.
• To provide follow up products or services to such parties. Such information includes, but is not limited to, shipping information, credit card holder name and card number/expiration date. This information is essential to the performance of online transactions.
• To estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website.
• To block disruptive use, illegal cyber activities, and/or to establish Website use analytics for Website improvement.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To some specific third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and third party service providers, and with any successor BBI interest.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell or share your personal information to any third party for the purpose of advertising.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Tracking Technologies and Advertising
• Promotional Offers from the Company
If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
• We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as CA, NC, CO, CT, VA, and UT may have additional personal information rights and choices.
To review and change your personal information, contact us at email@example.com or log into the Website and visit your account profile page.
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and any other personal information we receive from you will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1. Your Rights. You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge:
(a) Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You. You have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we are not required to:
• Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
• Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
• Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
(b) Disclosure of Personal Information Used for a Business Purpose. In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
(c) Right to Deletion. Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
(d) Protection Against Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
• Deny goods or services to you;
• Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
• Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
• Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. Please note that we may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
(e) Shine the Light. California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code § 1798.83).
Disclosure of Personal Information Collected
1. Information We Collect About You. We may collect and use personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers)||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; payment processor service provider; internet service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; payment processor service provider; internet service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; internet service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Commercial information (e.g., records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; payment processor service provider; internet service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement)||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; internet service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Professional or employment-related information||Yes||Our affiliates, partner, or subsidiary organizations; payroll processor service provider; attorneys, accountants, and auditors; credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement, government agencies, or government officials to fulfill legal, reporting, regulatory requirements*|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||No||N/A|
*We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit, or examination.
2. How Your Personal Information Is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you in person, by telephone, fax, email, or via our website. However, we may also collect information:
• from publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records);
• directly from a third party, e.g., sanctions screening providers, credit reporting agencies, or customer due diligence providers;
• from a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank);
• from cookies on our website; and
• via our IT systems, including:
automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, CCTV and access control systems, communications systems, email and instant messaging systems.
3. Why We Use Your Personal Information. We may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
• Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Short-term, transient use, provided the personal information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
• Performing services including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, or providing advertising or marketing services,
4. Who We Disclose Your Personal Information to. We may disclose personal information for our business purposes to:
• our affiliates, including companies within the Brighton-Best International, Inc., group;
• service providers we use to help deliver our products to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies; • other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as website hosts;
• credit reporting agencies;
• our insurers and brokers; and
• our banks.
We do not sell or share, as those terms are defined by the CCPA, your personal information to any third party.
• Call us, toll-free, at (888) 808-4523; or
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
Please note that you may only make a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
6. Verifying Your Identity. If you choose to contact directly by email or phone, you will need to provide us with:
• Sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include: [(e.g., your full name, address and customer or matter reference number))];
• Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
• A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete your personal information.
7. Response Timing and Format. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the ten-day timeframe, please contact us at email@example.com.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
8. Notice Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information for a Business Purpose. We may disclose to a third party personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information.
9. How to Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of the Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALIFORNIA DO-NOT-TRACK DISCLOSURE Do Not Track is a privacy preference that Users can set in their web browsers. When a User turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the User. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Company does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Company may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to www.brightonbest.com or one of the affiliated pages hosted at the www.brightonbest.com domain. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.